A few interesting points from my trip to California:
- In one day, Beau and I traveled by car, plane, bus, train and FOOT to get from Kaysville and Ogden, Utah to Oceanside, California. All we needed was a boat.
- I forgot how SALTY the ocean is.
- If you want to have a unique experience and you’re not afraid of being completely humiliated and harassed, eat at Dick’s Last Resort in San Diego.
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride at Disney’s California Adventure is sick! So much fun. Props to the “cast member” who completely played the part of the elevator operator… it made the ride ten times better.
- Thursday nights in Oceanside are a BLAST at the weekly street fair/market.
- Angels fans are passionate.
- The weather is perfect in Cali. It’s warm, but the breeze is always cool.
- The Oceanside Pier is romantic at night.
- Don’t tell your significant other you’re jealous about something insignificant moments before you’re walking into Disneyland for the first time. Total buzz kill. My bad.
- DO place a wager on which couple will rack up the most points on the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters to win churros.
- Fly Jet Blue so you can have a full drink (not just half a drink in a little cup), a variety of unlimited free snacks, lots of leg room, no charge for checked luggage, XM Satellite Radio, Direct TV, and a cheap flight… the list goes on. I love Jet Blue.
- I didn’t get to see Cinderella at Disneyland.
- Whenever possible, stay with friends. And make your significant other sleep on the air mattress so you can have the super-duper comfy couch to sleep on.
- Make sure to thank your significant other for removing your glasses, turning off the tv, removing the half-full cup of water from your hand, and tucking you into bed when you fall asleep before you plan to every night. “I was watching the hurricane!” “No you weren’t you were sleeping.” “But now I’m awake, I wanna watch it!” “You’re gonna spill your water, just go to sleep. Here, let’s see you’re glasses.” “But I can’t see without my glasses!” “What do you need to see? You were sleeping!” Bless his heart, I was completely out of it.
- Buy your tickets from ebay. But be careful!
- The random, friendly, old, drunk, African American dude on a bike told Beau, “I’m gonna pay you back! I gotta leave right now, but I’m gonna get you your money.” He’s still waiting for his payment. We don’t know why he’s paying him back, but he promised.
- The drive from Sportfisher Drive in Oceanside to Hollywood Boulevard in LA is quite a long one. But visiting H&M, seeing Spider-man climb the scaffolding, seeing the stars on the sidewalk, spotting the word “Hollywood” on the hillside and having a good chat with Beau made it worth the drive.
- Garmin GPS saved our lives. “In . 3 miles turn right. Then, turn right.”
- In N Out Burger is yummers.
- Check out weekend deals for a rental car from Enterprise. You can’t beat $13 a day!
- It’s always nice to be home.
I’ll be posting pictures soon!