I have a bit of a congloberation of blogging thoughts today, so I’m going to touch on a little snippit of each of them.
- I work at a hospital. At this hospital I job share with Becki who I love and adore. Becki and I are in charge of the Cultural Awareness Committee at this hospital, but let’s be honest here, Becki really does it all. And she rocks at it, too. On Monday of this week, Becki sent out a mass email about a speaker we are hosting next week. (Becki and I are one of the select few that have rights to email everyone all at once. It is a prized and coveted privilege, and I try to approach that privilege professionally… Do you know how intimidating it is to email 3,000 people- including upper management- with the click of one button? Terrifying.) SO, the Nurse Educator on labor and delivery called me on Tuesday and said “That email Becki sent yesterday, the attachment had a mistake in it.” I told her I would fix it. And I did. I resent the email with a disclaimer to the correction which was: “Wednesday, November 12th and not Wednesday, November 11th.” In the next five minutes I received about 20 emails full of confusion in response. I checked it. Oh crap, Wednesday is the 11th. SO, I send one more correction apologizing and correcting the date once again, this time it read “Wednesday, November 11th.” It wasn’t until two hours later that I realized, “Wednesday, November 11th” is how the email read originally. I was supposed to correct the attachment Becki sent to that one Educator, not the mass email. Sorry, 3,000 employees including uppper management for my blond-ness. I’m now fearing they will take my coveted email privileges away.
- Last night was Megan’s bridal shower thrown by Erica S. and Michelle A. Michelle A. made us CD’s and I’m loving it at work today. I mean LOVING it. Here is the track list… I was going to include just a few but I couldn’t narrow it down so you get all of them. You will thank me for it. abc, jackson five; all you need is love, the beatles; at last, etta james; day too soon, sia; divide me, kalai; how sweet it is, james taylor; i feel the earth move, carole king; i walk the line, johnny cash; i was made for you, she & him; lover, devendra banhart; my girl, otis redding; oh boy!, buddy holly; real love, regina spektor, such great heights, iron & wine; sweet darlin’, she & him; til kingdom come, coldplay; you and i, ingrid michaelson; you are the best thing, ray lamontagne.
- This morning my mom called and asked for my Social Security Number. Naturally, I hesitated. I can’t go around giving that number to just anybody! I inquired of her why she might need that number. She responded that I am the main beneficiary if she dies; in which case I would be a very rich girl. I gladly and promptly recited my number for her and asked her what her ETA to heaven was. She instructed me that when that time comes, I am to divide the money equally between my brothers and I. But, she also told me I could keep it all if I have more kids than everyone else. And if one of my bro’s is rich like my Uncle Mark, they don’t get any of it. Awesome.
- My co-workers are a full of naughty influence. Usually we order out for lunch on Friday’s, but today was the appetizer bar in the hospital cafe. Thusly my lunch is consisting of three mozzarella sticks, one battered mushroom, two cheese tots, nine battered green beans, four chicken cordon bleu balls and three mini chicken quesadillas. All were deep-fried with the exception of the quesadillas. I’m dipping everything in marinara sauce or ranch… or both. UGH.
- Tonight Beau starts hockey again! This go-around they are Team Arby’s. (I’m gonna try really hard to cheer for Arby’s… really hard)
*Editor’s note… I just noticed that one part of my post up there says “bleu balls” and that’s funny. Wildly inappropriate, but funny.